Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The mission isn't a cake walk...

Date: 12/1/14 2:41:33 PM

Dear Mama and Papi,

I look pretty good in white, don't I? Haha. His name's Jarli (like Harley-Davidson) and he's doing pretty good so far! He's been having a pretty good time with the LDS Library app since it gives one access to pretty much every type of gospel material that the church offers. (Yeesh, sounds like a sales pitch. Haha.)

To be honest, we had a tough week. Appointments were canceled, folks weren't at home. Yeah, it was just a tough week. We took some time to talk about that in our district meeting today because all the elders (the Fab Four of us) in Champotón had a rather difficult week. What we've concluded as being a factor is that we're teaching more lessons than people and that our investigators aren't able to feel the spirit. Neither pair of elders had an investigator in church this week. Also, the attendence in general was way low. We're seeing that the branch is at a falling point right now, even in the branch council.

We've much work to do, but right now, I'm just trying to stay positive. Our plan of action right now is to visit families (active and less active) this week to lift them up spiritually and see what we can do for them. Tomorrow in the evening, we're going to put on a dinner for all the members of the council to let them unwind, but also to lift them up and get a better unity going on. Please pray that I can stay positive. That's my biggest weakness right now. (Mother, I think you of all people understand that all too well. Haha.) We have a couple of baptism dates, but we need to talk with those investigators because they're not keeping their commitments and won't make their date. It's a tough time right now, but I'm doing my best to stay sane. Haha.

The mission isn't a cake walk, but that's okay, because it was never meant to be that way. Something I learned from my wonderful mission president during a training meeting he had with us a couple weeks ago is that we need to thank God for the afflictions and problems and trials etc. that we receive, because if it weren't for these things, we would NEVER receive the blessings of exaltation. It just wouldn't be possible, because there must needs be an opposition in all things. I know these things are true and I testify of them in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Aw, please thank grandma for the money and tell her how much I love and miss her. Wow, you found Elder Wilcox??? That's great! He writes me every week. He's a good man. And yes, I did learn how to make pancakes. Haha. Empanadas are good, depending on what's in them. Oh man, I'm excited for my package. The pecans are a nice lil' touch. I'm not sure how it's going to work out for Christmas at this point, but don't worry, I'll let you know the details when they arrive. (And yeah, it's like a 2 hour difference, according to my watch.) Well, till next week! Love you all tons!

Love, Elder Manuel Antonio Santos

PS, Please wish Kohl a happy birthday for me. His birthday is on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment