Friday, April 18, 2014

Things have been busy...

Hey!

Well, it's been another busy week. Things have been busy with class and studying and all the things that arise in my life here at the MTC. I'm glad things are well back home. I'd really love to have more of that lovely Hermiston spring weather since it tends to be a bit cold sometimes down here. We've had our share of lovely days such as today, though. That's lame that the Puzey's are moving, but they're going where they'll be needed. Please wish them the best for me. I'm so sorry I haven't been able to write home outside of email. This is one of the few times I've been able to just sit down and write. One things I've learned this week is about teaching by the spirit. We've had practice
investigators and they haven't been the greatest teaching experiences, especially with the language. If this were an english lesson, things would be just dandy, however, the Lord hasn't called me to preach His word in english, sooooo... Sometimes you just have to move past some of these things. Haha. As we've continued with our lessons, we've been learning how to teach by the spirit, and that in itself is so incredible because then you realize that as soon as you sit down with the investigator, you have to bring the spirit with you 100%, or else you won't be able to convey the message that the Lord has for that particular person at that particular moment. This week for our Tuesday night devotional, we had Neil L. Anderson speak to us. So wonderful. He taught about the Book of Mormon and how it really is a life changing book. It truly does testify of Christ and will truly answer the questions of the soul. I'm so excited for Easter because we're going to have someone real big speak to us, but we don't know who. I'll be sure to report this next week. I hope things are going well back home and I'm
trying hard to write home. I have time to do so today, so hopefully I'll have some letters sent. I got over my strep, so things are good, but the prayers are appreciated. I love you all so much and I can't wait to continue hearing from you. Email time is limited, so please send my love to the family.

Te quiero mucho!

Love, Elder Santos

Watch this Easter Message...


"God sent Jesus to earth to teach us a better way to live. Though His ministry lasted only three years, His teachings have influenced billions for nearly two millennia. But the greatest gift Jesus gave to us was His life. He paid the price for our sins, died on the cross, and rose from the dead—providing a way for each one of us to return and live with God someday."


No comments:

Post a Comment