Sunday, September 7, 2014

Recognize the Will of The Father's and Not Our Own


Dearest Parents,

Wow. You beat me to mentioning the 4 month mark. Haha. But yeah, Sunday marked 4 months and I feel that a lot has happened since, time has flown, and that I myself have really grown as a person, but also as a disciple of Jesus Christ.

Aw. Sounds like you're having success in your new calling. That was indeed an inspired experience you had and the young women couldn't be any more blessed to have you teaching them. :) That actually does feel weird (because it's always weird for me to hear about folks I've known for ages getting hitched), but like you, I am happy they were sealed in the house of the Lord.

Well, as for what happened this week, well, I wish I could remember more of what happened in this past week, but the reason that it's not as fresh in my mind is because we found out Sunday the results of transfers, and well, as of yesterday, I arrived in my new area in Champotón, Campeche. Yep, I'm gonna be hanging here in the state of Campeche for a bit, which is ironic because at least 50 times a day, Elder Wilcox would start out stories in the following fashion: "Elder, one time in Champotón...", so yeah, it was his favorite area. Haha. It feels really weird to be here, but if it's where the Lord needs me to be at this time, then so be it. I'm praying hard to adjust fast because I still miss my old area and my companion. My new companion is named Elder Alverado and he's a paizano! He's from Honduras. He's a good guy, but I might have to be patient with him because he seems to like fun, but a little too much. I was told I might have to be patient with him, so patient I shall be.

I would send pictures, but I forgot my cable. (Again...) I'll send some next week, especially of the sea, because here, we have a few of the sea. Ah, it really is beautiful. Anyways, my spiritual message just comes from my current challenge of just adjusting and confiding that this is where God wants me right now. To confide in Him is everything because we recognize the will of the Father's and not our own. It really is trusting in you parent and recognizing that He knows what's best for us. It's something I've struggled with, but I know it's something that's been such a blessing. Till next week! Love you tons!


Elder Manuel Antonio Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment