Sunday, September 7, 2014

We simply need to trust in Him...

8/25/14

Dear Momma and Papi,

This week was better in certain aspects and kinda mas o menos (more or less) in other aspects, but hey, that's just what happens sometimes. There's a lot of work to be done with the work here because our numbers were pretty low this week. It's kind of a bummer thinking about it because there are various factors that need to be changed in order to have more success, but just means I'm gonna have to push myself a bit more in helping my companion to be less casual in certain aspects, but I have seen some differences. He's actually pretty dang fearless and that's a way important and awesome attribute (because I'm rather timid), but at the same time, it requires that I need to improve myself rather fast because I need to keep up. At times it makes me feel pretty lame (especially because there are a lot of expectations from his part that I learn the area fast, for a good reason) but I'm learning to cope with my own feelings of inadequacy in these aspects. I need to improve a ton soon, though, since I'm in my fourth week here. I appreciate your testimony, mom, and I'm trying to do my best.

I've found part of the reason that my companion is the way he is. When things go lame, it affects him, which can lead to him being upset or not wanting to plan when we get home. It's frustrating, but I'm learning to be more bold during those times as well. Just need to get through to him/try not to get angry.  I'm glad dad kept his cool. It's amazing to me how much he's changed in those aspects because of how he can be. Haha. I really miss genuine fall weather. I'm sick of so much sun. You get bored of the lack of variety in climate. Haha. It's amazing how the time has gone. Feels weird that everyone's starting school and stuff. Makes me feel kinda old... Haha. (Seriously. I turn 20 in a few months.) I know this email was kinda weirdish and I'm sure you'd prefer to here more stuff about the area, but there are just times where I need to just type the thoughts that are on my mind at the moment. I'll try to send some pictures today. Just to end with a spiritual thought, this is something I read this week from 3 Nephi. "13 O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?

 14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me."


In these verses, Christ is speaking. I've added an emphasis at the end of 13 because of something that really struck me hard in regards to the Atonement. We know that Christ suffered all manner of our afflictions so he could know exactly what we feel in those moments, but He did so so He could also know just exactly how to heal us. We simply need to trust in Him and truly become converted in His gospel. He is the light and the way and we find absolute solace in this. These things I know to be true because of how much I've felt this here. I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


Elder Manuel Antonio Santos


PS Those Bic razors were nice, so a few more of those, please, as well as shaving gel and pre shave. (Because I've been using both. Also some Oxy pads to wash my face, please. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment