Friday, November 14, 2014

I promise I will do my best...

Date: 11/3/14 2:59:21 PM
From: "Manuel Santos"
To: "Isabel Santos"

Dear Momma and Poppa,

In regards to the week, I'm still nervous as all heck in regards to training because something that I've grown conscious of is that when one trains another missionary, you really start to see in what areas you're not doing so great/failing in. Not that that's a bad thing because improvement is always wonderful, but it's more so that I get nervous that there may be some shortcomings that I might not overcome as fast as I'd like. It's humbling, though, because the one thing that comes to mind that is of comfort are the ever so famous words of the Lord spoken to the Brother of Jared in Ether 12:27:

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble;and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Overall, it's helped me realize just how much I need to improve and really improve my efforts as a missionary and also as a person in general, because depending on how I train my son, it will affect generations of missionaries to come. It is something I am greatly aware of and just pray that I may grow and improve immensely from this experience and work diligently to achieve these things. (Because as the scripture says, faith without works is dead.)

Something that I'm also continuing to learn is the importance of the spirit in absolutely everything. It's a super basic and important concept because without the spirit, we accomplish nothing of our purpose. I know that without a doubt because I know and have experienced the difference of doing things with the spirit, but also without. If others cannot feel the spirit that comes through us, it is because we ourselves do not have the spirit. Though I'm slowly coming along in those aspects, I am grateful to what I have learned in regards to those things.

I seriously appreciate the never ending support. You have no idea how good it just feels that others believe in me. To reference the Disney film Tangled , sometimes I feel like Rapunzel towards the beginning of the movie, because sometimes I have days that are the best in the world, but others that are just dismal at times. I know I shouldn't feel that way, but I'm human and let my emotions get the best of me sometimes, but that's where prayer comes in as well as just remembering my wonderful support team. It's just a blessing to realize that, and I promise I'll do my best. Well, that's all for this week. Hope everyone's doing well, that dad's not too grumpy, and that you're enjoying the beauty of Hermiston in the fall. (Seriously, I miss my beautiful fall weather. Constant sun is boring sometimes. Haha.) Love you tons!


Love, Elder Manuel Antonio Santos


PS, Thanks for the mission birthday greetings! Also, something else cool for my birthday would be Pilot g-tec-c4 pens in black and blue (preferably). I'd ask you for other things, but they're things that I can't have in the mission. Haha. Also, please tell Dan and Elizabeth hi for me as well! I find myself often relating stories about how wonderful they are and the wonderful experiences I had dogsitting for them with other missionaries. Please also just tell everyone in the ward hi for me and that I love them and keep them in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment