Thursday, February 19, 2015

...after all we can do.

1/12/15

My dearest mother,

This week was actually one of the best I've had in my mission. I really feel that many prayers (not only mine) have been answered since work was able to pick up this week. We had a good number of members come out and visit with us and we were able to have some pretty good experiences. I've been wanting a good family to teach for a while, and let me tell you, the Lord was able to provide this for us.

We had stake conference this weekend and there was a Priesthood session Saturday night. Following the session, the second counselor in our branch presidency came to us and said, "Elders, I have a reference for you, but I have an impression that we need to visit him tonight." We had our things with us because we were planning on staying the night in Campeche with some other missionaries, but we decided to trust his impressions because we've really been needing more investigators to teach. We left immediately and returned back to Champotón where we were able to meet with the humble couple, Luis and Sandy. We were able to have a really good first visit and were able to see their sincerity. They understood the need for a baptism and also to get married. (They have 5 kids with one more on the way.) I received a parcel from the Albrechts this week (Love you guys tons!!!) and in reading Jessica's letter to me, she spoke of a family that was recently baptized and I just felt the desire in my heart so bad to find a family to teach, especially since we're focussing a ton on family history.

What occurred this weekend was nothing short of a miracle but also a humbling moment in which I could see that my prayers and desires had been answered. Throughout my mission, I've fought back and forth with having hope and faith, but something I've come to learn for myself is that we can only receive answers and results to our prayers and desires if our hearts are in the right place and also if we ourselves put forth and demonstrate to God that we are diligent enough to put forth the effort. "... for it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do." (See 2 Nephi 25:23)


In regards to other things, ah, the privileges of a washer, even a broken one. Haha. I was able to receive the pictures from Tia Elena. They will be of much help. (Thanks to my favorite Tia! :) The secretaries are taking care of the packages. They already gave my companion and I a call (Since he's waiting one too.) and we'll probably get'em next week. I haven't used a single musical skill (minus singing) at all. I have no opportunities to practice, so I've lost the majority of my abilities in regards to every instrument I've played... But, oh well. Well, I hope all is well, especially since you're by yourself. I love you tons, my wonderful mother!


Love, Elder Manuel Antonio Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment