Thursday, February 19, 2015

Through our diligence miracles will occur

1/5/15

 Dear Mama and Papi (Even though he be tearing earth up North at the moment),

Why am I not surprised to hear that dad left to go dig for treasure again...Don't be surprised if they change my area soon because he showed up unexpectedly in Campeche. Haha.

Anyway, in regards to this week, we started changing things in regards to our work a bit since our President noted that we as a mission have not been working with our family history pamphlets entitled Our Family. We started working more with that this week and the results were actually pretty good in regards to having less actives in church. We're going to start applying it more towards our investigators as well because we're in desparate needs for more. I really need to do more family history when I get home.

Really, there's not much to report this week other than that, but we're hoping that it'll help lead us to other people to teach and more success.

Hmm. I'm not sure how to get a hold of missionaries over there, but I'll see what I can do. It's good to hear the family's not doing too bad. The work with My Family has had me thinking a lot about our family, what with the various trials and whatnot, but mostly with our less-active family members. Talking to you all at Christmas had me thinking about eternal families and how it'll be like in the Celestial Kingdom (with hopes that we'll all make it. Haha.) surrounded by our eternal families. I talk too much about this, but really, when the perspective hits, it's difficult to think about things otherwise. There's much work to do in our own family, but I feel that if we all start working on our own family history and get all the members of the family involved, all will see and realize the eternal perspective and will lead to others coming back to church and others getting to know it. I give my wonderful family that challenge to do so starting with obtaining a pamphlet of My Family: Stories That Bring Us Together and filling it out based on the instructions given. What better a time than now to unite us all in truly getting to know each other! I pray that we'll all be able to undertake this challenge together. Through our diligence, miracles will occur.


I'll be praying for dad and abuelito, but if things turn ugly, your testimony of the plan of salvation and eternal families will be greatly needed. I'll be here as well. I'll also be praying for the family. I'm seeing many turning points occurring and hope that all will happen as the Lord intends it to happen. Well, that's all for this week. Love you tons and hope you are well!


Love, Elder Manuel Antonio Santos


PS, Happy Birthday, Grandma! I love you so much and hope you are well! Tu muchachito te ama mucho!


PSS, I need a huge favor. Since we're teaching My Family, I need info on my grandparents (both sides) and pictures of them as well. Super important. Could you send me some, please?  Also, when I read about Jason, this video came to mind. It's my favorite Mormon Message. Send it to him for me, please? Also, please let him know I love him and am praying for him and that faith is not a perfect knowledge of things; it is a hope in things that aren't seen, but are true. In the end, hope leads to these things and I have faith that he can have hope. I hope it is of some help.

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-07-006-the-hope-of-gods-light?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment