Sunday, September 13, 2015

Diligence Is Hard

6/29/2015

Dear Mama and Papi,

So, this week we had a good opportunity to remember the basics of teaching. There's 8 basic principles to teaching in missionary work that a new missionary learns during the first 3 months. Every now and again, we have the opportunity to relearn these principles. The meetings occur over a period of 4 days, so two principles a day. 
 
This time, we had them together with two other zones, and it was a gratifying experience (since usually we have them just as a zone). Putting into practice what we learned daily has been a great help for us. I have to admit, that at times, I've come out of meetings such as this really edified with a ton of energy, ready to work, filled with the spirit, etc, but going back to my area, I just kept working as if I didn't learn a thing, but this time, my companion and I put what we learned to practice. I found that as we did so daily, just putting these simple, little things, we had quality lessons, we felt the spirit, and we left feeling happy. Like, me personally, I would leave the lesson wanting to do so again and have another quality lesson like that, and it did lead to others. Poco a poco, I'm overcoming my lack of diligence. (Since that's something I've fought to overcome during my whole mission. It's a difficult attribute of Christ to develop. Haha.) Really, the lesson that I was able to learn this week is that diligence is hard. 
 
Out of all the attributes of Christ, I believe diligence is the hardest, since it requires so much work to constantly do everything you should 24/7, but it's a blessing, because once it becomes something solid, it makes everything so much easier because you're more dedicated, there's pretty much no room for despair, the spirit is constantly with you more, and overall, it becomes a constant. Overcoming my lack of diligence (and I've still got more to go with this) has been a blessing that makes me happy. 

107? Haha. That's Merida weather, minus the humidity. Be vigilant. I don't want single (or married) moms hitting on my father. Haha. In regards to the young sister again, something that I've learned a ton on the mission is personal identity. It's a process, but something that will help her is to know her divine potential; that she is a God in the making. " 28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; ascertain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

 29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device." (See Acts 17:28-29. Some of my favorite teachings from Paul.) Knowledge of one's divine potential is essential in the lives of youth. Combined with an understanding of the Father's plan of happiness, one really starts to understand who we are and why choices are important. Well, that's all for this week. Love you all tons! Say hi to the guys (and Hailey) if you see'em again. Tell'em I love them and miss them. Also, send my love to the Earps! Thanks for the update on grandma. Send my love to her too. Just to make this easier, send my love to everyone.

Love, Elder Manuel Antonio Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment