Sunday, September 13, 2015

My Love For You Is Also Eternal...

  
March 2, 2015

Dear Mama and Papi,


So, we had a baptism this week! The young man we baptized is way cool. His name is Cristian. He's 12 and he's the first out of his family to be baptized. I mentioned that we were teaching a way cool family right now and that would be Cristian's family. We were only able to baptize him since we're still struggling to get his parents married (not because they don't want to, but there's some documents that they need and it's difficult to get'em all right now.) but they were super supportive for him! He was also able to receive the priesthood yesterday and that made me ecstatic beyond all comprehension. His dad said the following: "Cristian will be the first of our family to be baptized. Next comes us!" I'd send a picture, but I lost my camera cable, again... Oh well. I was able to receive my package today and was soo soooooo happy! Thank you all so much! :D (I let Elder Waylan and Elder Lopez have a tie. I never saw the two they picked since they picked the ties in Merida while I was here, but Elder Lopez grabbed a way cool blue one with the Angel Moroni while Elder Waylan grabbed a red one. Maybe send me the same ones in the future? Haha.) What especially made me happy was receiving "However Long and Hard The Road". I've been wanting to read that one for a while and it's something I'll need for sure. (Who sent me that along with the wonderful music?) Also, something that I forgot to mention last week, we as a mission got to watch Meet The Mormons. It really is a super positive documentary that clarifies some big misconceptions about the church. Since the availability to watch it has expanded, I highly reccommend it, for reals. (You'll be able to order it via Dish as well this week.) For all other questions that the film doesn't clarify, ask the missionaries! They can help you!


Well, that is all for this week, but my love for you also is eternal. Till next Monday!


Elder Manuel Antonio Santos


PS, I'm district leader now... Prayers please! I have no idea what I'm doing just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment